ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Installation
Downloads

Installation Installation, licensing and hardware issues

Old 06-19-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
Uploads: 0
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Flexsim 5.02 crashed

Hi

After trying model posted by Ariel Estrada, I have a problem in running my Flexsim 5.02. The application crashed!!!

System: VISTA

I need help!!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Crashed Flexsim 5.02.doc (98.0 KB, 293 views)
Old 06-19-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 278
Uploads: 2
Lars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to beholdLars-Olof Leven is a splendid one to behold

Hi David,

Try to delete or rename the file prefs.t.
Look in your User folder (probably under AppData).

You may need to 'show hidden files and folders' via Organize, Folder and Search Options.

Lars-Olof
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lars-Olof Leven For This Useful Post:
Tom David (06-19-2010)
Old 06-19-2010
Flexsim Distributor

David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Lars-Olof

Thanks. I have found out it is due to graphic driver I have tried to update. After I have rolled back. It is fine now.

I am using Geforce 9300M GS with Cuda. I am currently using ver 8.15.11.8603. I found another version in the Nividia website http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html. It seems to have problem with Flexsim 5.02.

Regards

David
Old 06-19-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute
Default OpenGL Extension Limit

With the new nVidia 257.21 drivers I've found that I need the Extension Limit option 'on' under Manage 3D Settings-> Program Settings of the nVidia control panel. You'll probably want to add Flexsim if it's not already listed, rather than setting this generally for all applications.
You can also tweak the quality of Flexsim here by adding Antialiasing to remove 'jaggies'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	ExtensionLimit.JPG
Views:	248
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	1024  
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
syseo (06-25-2010)
Old 06-25-2010
Flexsim Distributor

Thanks Jason.

Do you know what are all these setting? How does it affect the perfromance of Flexsim?

David
Old 06-25-2010
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The crashing bug that requires you to set the Extension Limit will be fixed in version 5.0.4 due out within the next week.

Currently, limiting the extensions may cause Flexsim to use another method for selection picking, which may slow down how quickly it responds when you click an object or select multiple objects in red in the 3d view. In 5.0.4, it will be fixed so that you can leave the extension string as unlimited and Flexsim will handle it properly with OpenGL 3.3.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (06-25-2010)
Old 06-25-2010
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

As for the anti-aliasing and other 3D options, I think most of the extra processing is handled by the GPU, but I have noticed that on multicore processors, some of the (otherwise idle) cores have had increased utilisation with these options switched on. It shouldn't affect run speed - and just like complex draw code, it will probably just lower the point at which frames appear to start skipping, when adjusting the speed slider.

If you're doing presentations on a low resolution projector I strongly recommend switching on the anti-aliasing option. The sampling level you choose should reflect the power of your CPU and GPU and is probably therefore best chosen by just trying them out.
Old 07-01-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 43
Ariel Estrada is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Sorry for the problem...

I really sorry for causing the problem in your Flexsim!!

The archive only put out Flexsim while trying to open the file, I never had problems with using Flexsim to continue working.

Ariel Estrada
The Following User Says Thank You to Ariel Estrada For This Useful Post:
David Chan (07-03-2010)
Old 07-03-2010
Flexsim Distributor

I am sorry too. It is not about your model, it is the Nvidia driver update that causes the problem. Sorry to pointing too fast to the root of the problem.

David
Old 07-05-2010
Flexsim User

Downloads: 43
Ariel Estrada is on a distinguished road
Red face Do not worry

Do not worry, I have also fighting with Flexsim the last week, jaja.

Somehow I had to become famous, the problem is to do with an error of this type!

B.R.
Ariel

Tags
crashed, flexsim 5.02

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Graphic" crashed David Chan Q&A 1 12-17-2008 12:02 AM