ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Flexsim Student Forum
Downloads

Flexsim Student Forum Forum for discussion for Flexsim Students using the Flexsim Textbook.

Old 06-16-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Question Global Table as kanban card and automatically changed

Hallo all,

I'm a new member here.
I've been working on simulation for the line feeding from Line supermarket to Assembly station with Milk Run concept.
On reset, the totes are automatically appeared in the assembly work stations so the processors can create the empty bins.
The task executor will pick up the empty bins and then transport them to the empties station.
Once the empty bins are being picked, the Transfer Order to pick blue and green totes from Line supermarket is created in the Global Table.
And right after the Task Executor picks the blue&green totes from Line supermarket, the first Transfer Order (to pick up blue&green totes from line supermarket) should be deleted and changed to another Transfer Order to pick the empty bins again and load the blue&green totes to flow racks in assembly work stations.

My question now, is it possible for Global Table to be changed automatically?
I attached my model so it is easier to understand.

Thanks before, I hope anyone would like to help.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm AssemblyLineSupermarket_B.fsm (38.6 KB, 574 views)
Old 06-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

I think you should have a look in the commands:

settablenum(), settablestr(), settablesize(), addtablerow().

Maybe they are doing what you are looking for!?
Old 06-16-2015
Rahel Carolina

Hi,
I put this code on Exit Trigger of each Empties Flowrack(in Assembly workstation)

treenode tableTransportOrders = reftable("GlobalTable1");
int lastRow = gettablerows(tableTransportOrders)-1;
int lastTO = 0;
if (lastRow > 0) {
int lastTO = gettablenum(tableTransportOrders, lastRow-1, 3);
}
addtablerow(tableTransportOrders);
lastRow = lastRow + 1;
settablestr(tableTransportOrders,lastRow,1, getlabelstr(item,"MatNr"));
string dest = getlabelstr(item,"Destination");
settablestr(tableTransportOrders,lastRow,2,dest);
lastTO++;
settablenum(tableTransportOrders,lastRow,3,lastTO) ;

but then the global table created the Transport Order for the empty bins (Destination: EmptiesStation).

How and where should I put the code to create the global table so when the Task Executor reaches the control point at Line Supermarket, it can read the global table and knows where to transfer the blue&green totes.
Old 06-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold

Hi,

without knowing your latest model, why don´t you store data on Item, but in table?
How do you implement the logic what item has to have a look for what line in your table?
Old 06-17-2015
Rahel Carolina

Hi,

I found the solution now. I set 3 labels "Material Number", "Destination", and "Sink" for the totes On reset in assembly stations . So every each of tote that exit the assembly station will create a Tansport Order.
For example, the material number 1 from flow rack1-station1 goes to the empties flow rack station1 after being processed. And when TE pick it up, The Transport Order in Global Table is created. From Global Table, TE knows that it has to pick a new tote in Line Supermarket with the same Material Number and Destination.
After a new tote is picked by TE, the Transport Order (GLobal Table) will be deleted or cleared, so it can create a new Transport Order based on how much empties he pick up in assembly station.

Anyway thank you for your reply too,Sebastian
Attached Files
File Type: fsm AssemblyLineSupermarket_E.fsm (40.3 KB, 593 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kanban in FlexSim mikemayer Q&A 2 03-09-2015 12:59 PM
Global table Rick Colemann Flexsim Student Forum 4 04-17-2014 01:51 AM
Can the taskexecuter maximum speed be changed in global variables? syseo Q&A 2 07-17-2012 04:43 AM
Can I make a column of a global table to type table? qin tian Q&A 0 10-01-2008 09:27 PM
Automatically generated global tables Sebastian Dransfeld Gripes and Goodies 1 09-01-2008 12:44 PM