ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-12-2009
CN biggest Sim***** *****

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0
zhouzheng is on a distinguished road
Question How to dispatch the nearest person to .....

Dear Sir:
I have a question regarding Dispatcher.
In "Pass to " ,What does "Pass to the object that is close to the destination" means?
I build a small model, and I used ONE dispatcher and 3 Operator to serve 6 Machines,
But I want to control the moving behaviour of OPerators.
I want OPerator1 only move to Processor 1 ,2
Operator 2 only move to Procssesor 3,4
OPerator 3 only move to Processor 5,6
That means , people only serve the machine ,very close to him.
How to realise this , I mean how to code in 'Pass To" section ....
(I just have a vague idea that i can center-connect the person to designated machines and
in pass-to section ,to code.....
Thank you in advance!Wait for your kind reply!
Jeff
Attached Files
File Type: zip dispach .zip (53.5 KB, 199 views)
Old 07-12-2009

Arrow

Later I will add more machines and more operator ,and to test
different qty of Dispatcher to control different mixes of people..
But the above question is what I need to solve at first....
Old 07-13-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 157
Uploads: 47
Tom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant futureTom David has a brilliant future

I am not sure if I understand your problem right, but if I would have to solve the task where specific operator should work only on specific machines I would use a bunch of dispatcher.

In the described case I would have 3 Dispatcher. Processor1 and 2 are center connected with Dispatcher 1 who is connected with Operator 1. Processor3 and 4 are center connected with Dispatcher 2 who is connected with Operator 2. Processor5 and 6 are center connected with Dispatcher 3 who is connected with Operator 3.
If there is only one taskexecuter (Operator) for the job the taskexecuter could also be connected directly.
The concept of the dispatcher and taskexecuter in my eyes are the way to build teams and Operator with different abilities, because an Operator can be connected to more than one dispatcher.

So I would use just the Flexsim Standard and would not to try stuff like “Pass To”. And if you read in the “Pass To” your suggestion with the “Pass to the object that is close to the destination” there is written “if the object is on a network”. In your model I can not see a network. I also guess (did not test it) that this option is meant for “use transport” and not for “use operator”.
Old 07-20-2009

Smile

If i use one dispatcher(not two or three) for serveral operators, ,
then i can use Experimenter to test the optimal peoples/machine ratio,ie, 2 people control a machine /or 3 people controls a machine, etc...

If you could possibly give me some code in the "dispatch to " to control the nearest machines?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Waiting to dispatch other task. Enver Burak KORCAK Q&A 2 09-15-2008 04:39 AM
How to dispatch a preempting TS immediately Alexandre Ouellet Q&A 2 07-18-2008 10:20 AM