ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-18-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Brandon Zhao is on a distinguished road
Default How to set different operation time based on operator type

Hi,

I'm doing a project about a factory.
I want to represent that operators with different trained level need to spend different time to do the same work.

The problem is how to get the operator type when the operator begins to operates the machine.
Like, is there some code like "get operator type(current)" then I can set the software to return corresponding operation time?

Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012
LINWEIXU

Downloads:
Uploads:

perhaps ,you can use label,different op have different label value.that is simple.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Brandon Zhao (02-19-2012)
Old 02-19-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

hi,

before i start modeling, i need to know in which order the different functions are executed:
  • request operator
  • calculate process time
  • arriving operator
  • message receiving from operator to processor at different activities of the operator
  • trigger onsetup finish
Then i can think of how to get the right operator at the processor.
Maybe i can only delay the events of the processor or the processtime isn't calculated, then i can calculate the time dependend on the arriving operator.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 02-19-2012 at 08:02 AM.
Old 02-19-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LINWEIXU View Post
perhaps ,you can use label,different op have different label value.that is simple.
Thanks it might work. But the problem is how to make sure the processor get the operator label rather than the item label
Old 02-19-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
hi,

before i start modeling, i need to know in which order the different functions are executed:
  • request operator
  • calculate process time
  • arriving operator
  • message receiving from operator to processor at different activities of the operator
  • trigger onsetup finish
Then i can think of how to get the right operator at the processor.
Maybe i can only delay the events of the processor or the processtime isn't calculated, then i can calculate the time dependend on the arriving operator.

Jörg
Assume three operators have right to operate the processor when an item enters. Operator A needs 3 min to finish the operation, B needs 4 min, and C needs 5 min. Who operates the processor is depends on which operator is available, hence does not do the other work.
I plan to use the code like "switch.....case" to achieve this. So the first problem is how to get the operator type.
Maybe I can use "label" to mark the operator type, but how to make sure the processor get the label from operator rather than from the entering item?

Thanks
Old 02-20-2012
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

If you use a dispatcher, let the dispatcher decide which operator is getting the support task at the processor. There you can change the process finish time too. And you can also inform the processor which operator will do the job.

Jörg
Old 02-20-2012
Flexsim User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jörg Vogel View Post
If you use a dispatcher, let the dispatcher decide which operator is getting the support task at the processor. There you can change the process finish time too. And you can also inform the processor which operator will do the job.

Jörg
Thanks
Could you please give me some code or a model to show how to achieve
"you can also inform the processor which operator will do the job" ?
I am not familiar with the function of dispatcher

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Combining More than One item of the same type hani2899 Q&A 2 11-21-2011 02:55 AM
How to use the crane like operator during setup and processing time? syseo Q&A 2 08-05-2011 12:09 PM
State report based on the operational time Simon Farsah Q&A 8 06-07-2011 01:42 AM
Block Assignment Based on Dwell Time Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 0 12-29-2009 03:21 PM
Frame Animation based on Time Shanon Loughton Q&A 4 04-06-2009 09:57 AM