ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > User Development
Downloads

User Development User developed add-ons to Flexsim

Definitely 12 70.59%
Maybe 2 11.76%
Not Really 3 17.65%
Absolutely No 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 6
Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future
Default Task Sequence Profile

All,

Here is a new library that will add a tab to the Task Executer Parameters page that will profile the active task sequence and list out the task sequences in the queue. The library will modify the Task Executer Parameters GUI Object, add a Tasks Tab GUI Object, and add a fstaskdisplay command to the User Commands.

The fstaskdisplay command is toggled as C++ but there was no way around that. The good news is that the command is only required to make the GUI work correctly. So as long as you don't save the command with the model then there is no need to worry about having to compile later when you don't need the GUI any more.

To use the library follow these instructions:
1. Open the model you want to use it in. (Skip if you are going from scratch).
2. Load the library.
3. Compile the model.
4. Open the Properties of an operator or other Task Executer.
5. Click on the Tasks Tab.

I'm sure that there are some short commings with this GUI. I didn't even start thinking about coordinated task sequences yet.

Anyway, I hope that this library comes in handy for some of you.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip TS Profile.zip (7.0 KB, 359 views)
Old 09-10-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about

Hi Brandon,
this is a good idea, it should be definitely in the next release.
Maybe this function could be switched on/off so it won´t bring down the performance of big modells.
How about such a GUI also for the dispatcher, so you can see the queued up TS there too?

Last edited by Nico Zahn; 09-10-2009 at 02:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 22
Uploads: 0
tobias.biemueller is on a distinguished road

Hi Brandon,
its a very nice idea and i hope it will be part of the next release (without compile ).
Nico´s hints are also good, i think it make sense to implement it with a On/Off function and a possibility to enter this page from every object which use tasksequences.

Best regards
Tobias
Old 09-10-2009
FlexSim Geek

Downloads: 45
Uploads: 1
Carsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud ofCarsten Seehafer has much to be proud of

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for the sneak preview and your work. But I think it could be a problem for Flexsim beginners to see the tasksequences(TS) in the properties window. TS should be used only by professionals and professionals know where to find this kind of information. A newcomer will try to use TS if he finds this information in the properties window and the use of TS without accurate knowledge what to do can cause serious problems. Newcomer should learn first to use the basics and then work with TS. Just my opinion.

Nevertheless thanks for your great work,

Carsten
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carsten Seehafer For This Useful Post:
shafizad (10-18-2010)
Old 09-10-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flexscript

Brandon,

Here is another version of this library that doesn't require you to compile.

I removed the user command and changed the code that used it to display the task sequence using other commands that are available in Flexscript.

I also added checkboxes so you can turn it off to speed it up. After doing so, I realized that most of the slow down from having the Operator's Properties window open wasn't coming from these new hotlinks. So even though the checkboxes didn't make much difference, I left them anyways.
Attached Files
File Type: zip TS Profile2.zip (6.5 KB, 304 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phil BoBo For This Useful Post:
Tom David (09-10-2009)
Old 09-15-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

Brandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant futureBrandon Peterson has a brilliant future

All,

Per your requests, here is a library that has the Tasks page on all of the Task Executers (I think!) and the Dispatcher. The dispatcher has a DisTasks page instead of a tasks page so that it would show the list of Coordinated Task Sequences.

I built this library off of Phil's so it doesn't need to compile.

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip TS Profile3.zip (4.8 KB, 308 views)
Old 09-21-2009
The Flexsim Consultant

All,

Here is the latest and greatest version of the library. This version has just about everything I could think to put into it and it works great for debugging. You can now view the task sequences in the task and coordinated task sequence queues of any object and you can also profile any task sequence that is in one of the queues!

I have a short video demonstrating the library at the following location:

Let me know if you have any comments or suggestions!

Good Luck,
Brandon
Attached Files
File Type: zip TS Profile4.zip (70.4 KB, 348 views)

Last edited by Brandon Peterson; 09-22-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: New Video Location
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Brandon Peterson For This Useful Post:
Tom David (09-22-2009)

Tags
gui, task sequence, user development

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Task Sequence Display jspeece Q&A 4 09-15-2009 09:03 AM
Task Sequence Example 1 Li Chin Q&A 4 10-27-2008 06:50 AM
Task Sequence Question David Chan Q&A 1 05-27-2008 03:56 AM
coordinated task sequence, need help. qin tian Q&A 4 05-12-2008 05:52 PM
The transporter and operator task sequence... syseo Q&A 1 09-22-2007 01:26 AM