ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
FAQ Downloads Calendar Search Mark Forums Read

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-17-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
bsantens is on a distinguished road
Default different loops

hello everyone,

in attachment there is a file of me, but i have the following question: in my model there are 2 loops: the loop of queue 1-2-3-4 (transports a red box followed by a green box) and the loop of queue 1-5-6-7 (transports a blue box followed by a brown box). in the beginning an operator begins at queue 1, checks if the box is red or blue and follows the corresponding loop. If for example he has a red box at queue 1, he has to put it in queue 2 and go to queue 3. There he has to wait untill there is a green box available and put that box in queue 4, so he has to stick to the order of the loop without skipping a queue. But in my program, for example if there are no boxes in queue 3 but there are boxex in queue 6, he takes one of those. But if an operator starts a loop, he has to stick to that loop, not go to another one. Can anybody tell me what to change in my program? And what if I have for example 3 loops, and the operators can switch between 2 loops, but not go to the 3th loop? (i have to have 5 loops in the end, 2 times a 2 loops where you can switch between and one separate loop).

thanx a lot for answers!
Attached Files
File Type: zip model 2 loops.zip (134.4 KB, 217 views)
Old 03-18-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Dennis Adams-Smith is on a distinguished road
Default Two WaitingOperators labels

I tried creating two labels on the controller instead of just one "WaitingOperators". I created WaitingOperators3 and WaitingOperators6 to indicate at which queue the operator was waiting. It seems to work.

So I think you will want a separate label for each loop. If two loops can share operators, they can share the label.

good luck,
Dennis
Attached Files
File Type: zip DJAS 2source, 2sinks.zip (60.5 KB, 182 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dennis Adams-Smith For This Useful Post:
bsantens (03-19-2009), Lars-Olof Leven (03-23-2009)