ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-23-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Smile Editing the Transporter

Hi Forum,

In the transporter there is one operator (or person) sitting inside it. I would like to know if we can change the color of that operator's shirt. Right now the color is blue and I would like to change the color into yellow just like the other operators.

Thanks before.

Regards,
Rahel
Old 06-23-2015
CCS, India

Downloads: 67
arunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rougharunkrmahadeva is a jewel in the rough

Hi Rahel Carolina,

When you open and check the Animation Creator option of the Forklift you can understand that the man sitting inside the Forklift is a part of the Surrogate called Truck. The shape of the Truck in .3ds format is stored in the program files directory of your computer. You can edit the above mentioned Truck shape and change the colour of the man inside the Forklift using AC3D or other 3D modelling software.

Regards,

Arun KR
The Following User Says Thank You to arunkrmahadeva For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30

Hi Arun KR,

Thanks for the info. AC3D is a part of Flexsim or I have to download it somewhere in internet?

Regards,
Rahel
Old 06-23-2015
FlexSim Software Products

Downloads: 37
RalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to beholdRalfGruber is a splendid one to behold

Rahel,

in the past we have suggested AC3D to our clients, because it has a dedicated FlexSim VRML1 export function included that adjusted automatically for scaling and different coordinate systems. Here is the link to the software:

http://www.inivis.com/

As far as I know, they offer a fully functional 30 day trial.
You can as well use another editor but might have to take care about adjusting the scale and the coordinate system to look right in FlexSim.

Best wishes

Ralf
FlexSim
The Following User Says Thank You to RalfGruber For This Useful Post:
Rahel Carolina (06-24-2015)
Old 06-23-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Ralf,

I tested the change of colors. I wasn't able to change the color. All I achieved in AC3D I changed the color to green, because the color is set by a texture-png file. When I set the connected surfaces of the shirt to yellow, I got only the mix of blue and yellow (switch select surface on; select a single surface in the shirt; Menu Edit> Select Surface > connected). Then I changed the color mapping in the png-file in the following directory: C:\Program Files\FlexSim7.5\fs3d\Forklift
That didn't change the color, neither. Even as I set another texture-file in the general properties, it hadn't an effect.
Maybe the forklift lays in a different directory perhaps in a user directory.

It is a miracle. Now it works. I changed the Texture Mapping file in the directory above. Then I opened the truck file in AC3D and the shirt was yellow. I saved the file as 3D Studio, I don't know if I have to do this. And after I have started flexsim again, the color of the shirt is yellow of a new inserted transporter.

Jörg

Last edited by Jörg Vogel; 06-23-2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: It works!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jörg Vogel For This Useful Post:
RalfGruber (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

If you swap TruckTex.png for this file, all drivers will have yellow shirts (restart or reloadmedia required).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	TruckTex.png
Views:	444
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	2889  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
sagar bolisetti (06-24-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim Basics: Editing Tricks Markus Cueva FlexSim Media 0 04-22-2014 11:32 AM
editing the main panel Nicole Witkowski Q&A 4 07-12-2013 10:15 AM
Need help with the transporter Vadim Fooks Q&A 2 08-18-2012 03:31 AM