ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 06-21-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
Lorenzo Gutierrez is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Comprehending a Max Queue time between processes

Hello,

I have to comprehend a max 96hr queue time between the time a batch exits Processor 1 (P1) and the time a batch enters in Processor 2 (P2).

I was hopeing I could use an on exit trigger for the last item coming out of P1 to start a clock.

I would then evaluate that clock on the Flow (Send to Port) logic of the queue preceeding P2 whether or not the 96hr Queue time has expired, and if so send it to a specific port vs the port which leads to P2.

I played around with tracked variables to no avail. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Will continue to look for solutions.

Thanks,

LG
Old 06-22-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 35
Jörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond reputeJörg Vogel has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
you can set the 96hr end time in a label and compare the value with your current simulation time with the command time(). If you want something to happen after the 96hr expired you send a delayed message to an object. Your Approach is right.

Jörg
Old 07-01-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 16
Lorenzo Gutierrez is on a distinguished road

Thank you!

Tags
expiration, max, queue time

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use stopobject command in between processes on a Multiprocessor? mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 2 09-10-2012 01:05 PM
How to make a loop of processes on the multiprocessor mearjun Flexsim Student Forum 3 09-04-2012 08:07 PM
Efficient way to analyze queue content over time Jens Mühlheimer Q&A 15 07-02-2012 12:27 AM
Pulling from a Queue vs Sorting the Queue Brandon Peterson Tips and Tricks 3 03-03-2010 01:27 AM
Question regarding 2 "in-line" gate processes Jamie Santa Ana Container Terminal (CT) Library 3 09-02-2009 07:45 PM