ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Product Announcements
Downloads

Product Announcements New releases of the software

Old 11-12-2015
FlexSim Development

Downloads: 37
Uploads: 29
Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light
Default Final FlexSim 7.7 Beta Available

The latest beta for FlexSim 7.7 and the new Process Flow module is available. The final release will be on November 23rd.

If you have a previous FlexSim 7.7 Beta installed on your computer you will need to uninstall it before installing this beta.

If you have bug reports or other feedback on the software, please email [email protected] or reply to this thread.

https://cloud.flexsim.com/index.html"margin-top: 10px" align="right">
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-13-2015)
Old 11-12-2015
FlexSim Development

Matt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of lightMatt Long is a glorious beacon of light

A known issue regarding charts. You can't create charts in the Process Flow. This may also affect the accuracy of collected statistics in Process Flow. This issue has been resolved.
Old 11-13-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0
Default Unable to visualize shape

Hello,
i've installed the last beta Version, but when i try to put in the model Fixed resource like asrs or elevator or crane i don't visualize the shape. I already check options or size o
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version
Name:	screen1.png
Views:	711
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	3103  
Old 11-16-2015
Flexsim Consultant, Super Moderator

Downloads: 352
Uploads: 6
Ben Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of lightBen Wilson is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Mauro,

Its possible there is a graphics issue preventing FlexSim from working correctly. This post has some potential workarounds:

https://www.flexsim.com/community/fo...ead.php?t=3157
Old 11-16-2015
Flexsim User

Downloads: 52
Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Pickoption in Assign Labels

I tryed to change the value in an existing Label of a token.
For this I´m using "Assign Labels" activity. In the pickoption for the Name I can choose "Token Label" and this will give me an pickoption of all existing Labels on token. If I hit it, "Label: mylabel" will be inserted.
Doing it this way creates an error in System console, because a string is expected.

The Picture Shows at first what FlexSim expects and second what it creates by using the pickoption.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	Pickoption_Rev001.png
Views:	769
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	3109  
Old 11-17-2015
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Putting Label: AktRow for the name of the label means that the name of the label that you want to set is stored in the string data of the label named AktRow. The error sounds to me like you don't have string data stored on that label, so it's giving you an error. I wonder if we should somehow change the interface or drop-down for the Name field to make it harder to get into that situation. Maybe if you choose a label from the drop-down, it will set just put AktRow in instead of putting Label: AktRow. Only if you explicitly type Label: AktRow will it do that functionality.
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-17-2015)
Old 11-19-2015
Martin Jensen

Downloads: 23
Default FS 7.7 Beta Response

I may have a few more issues for the FS 7.7 Release

We have tried out the new video Recorder and are a bit sad that you cant record Dashboards and graphs along side the perspective view. The idea to have multiple layers of the recording is brilliant, but from our point of view, its main purpose would always be to show the dashboard overlapping the 3D objects. Apparently the recorder supports recording a Process FLow tap, but not a Dashboard.

I have yet to find a way to add a Process Flow to a user library. If I were to create a custom Fixed Resource such as a special Processor, and modify its behavior with a Fixed Resource Process Flow to contain the logic. I would expect that I could also add that process flow to a user library just like the custom Processor. They may not have to automatically follow hand in hand, but it would at least be cool to be able to reuse custom Process Flow Logic from a library of functionality.
Old 11-19-2015
Flexsim Consultant

Downloads: 20
Jason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond reputeJason Lightfoot has a reputation beyond repute

There's a button for user library addition to the right of the Process Flow Name under Process Flow (quick) Properties.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	PFAddUserLibrary.PNG
Views:	620
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	3114  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jason Lightfoot For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015
Martin Jensen

Default Process insted of Token

I also found another tiny flaw:

When adding a Wait For Event activity to a ProcessFlow and choosing to add a picklist option to the OnListnerInitialized event. You can choose Control>Basic FR>Release Item and in that picklist the now renamed 'token', will still be auto listed as 'process'. However when looking in the code the the param(3) is declared as 'token' so that picklist probably wont work...
Please see attached pictures for to reproduce problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Name:	FS77Bug1.jpg
Views:	721
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	3112   Click image for larger version
Name:	FS77Bug2.jpg
Views:	698
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	3113  
Old 11-19-2015
Martin Jensen

Default Token Death error

Here is another annoying glitch for ay.

If you select a token in a Process Flow to see its properties and it then goes into a Sink or a Finish activity and disappears the System console is filled with the same exception repeated over and over:

exception: Exception caught in TreeNode::callMemberFunction() c++/dll execution. Throwing... VIEW:/active/DockingGUI481546528/TabPane/TabControl/ProcessFlow>eventfunctions/onDrawCallback c: VIEW:/active/DockingGUI481546528/TabPane/TabControl/ProcessFlow thisClass: VIEW:/active/DockingGUI481546528/TabPane/TabControl/ProcessFlow
exception: Exception caught in flexscript execution of VIEW:/active/DockingGUI481546528/TabPane/TabControl/ProcessFlow>eventfunctions/OnDraw line 1 instruction 1. Discontinuing execution.

Its not a problem and does not seem to hamper the functionality of the process flow. Its just disturbing to look at and might confuse some users.
Old 11-19-2015
Flexsim User

Sebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to beholdSebastian Hemmann is a splendid one to behold
Default Back Order of Lists

Hi,

I´m looking for a way to change the order of the objects stored in Back Order List.
I thought this would be possible by changing the "Back Order Queue Strategy" but it doesn´t and there are even no values to order it by.
Is it a bug or does I understand something completely wrong?
Old 11-19-2015
FlexSim Development

Martin,
You can also right click an object in the 3D view that is connected to a Process Flow and say "Add to User Library" to add that object and it's associated Process Flow object toe a user library.

Sebastian,
The Back Order Queue Strategy is the right way to go. As for values you would use labels on the pullers to do your ordering by. We'll look into why you're not able to get the ordering to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-19-2015)
Old 11-19-2015
Flexsim User

Thanks Matt,
it does work with using "Puller.Label". Thanks for the hint. Maybe it only was a little to hard for me to understand why in the "Back Order Queue Strategy" only values of items are options.
Old 11-20-2015
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

From the User Manual on Back Order Queue Strategy at Modeling Tools > Lists > Reference > Back Orders Tab:

Quote:
When a value is pushed onto the List, outstanding back orders are processed for that value in the order defined by this queue strategy. It should be an SQL ORDER BY statement that references at least one puller-dependent field (see the puller term in the List Concepts topic for more information).
And it gives several examples. So yes, the back order queue strategy must reference at least one thing that's dependent on the puller. This could be something like Puller.labelName, which would access a label on the puller. Or it could be a puller-dependent field, such as distance (i.e. the distance from the value to the puller).
The Following User Says Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (11-21-2015)
Old 11-26-2015
Mauro Rigoni

Downloads: 29
Default Graphical problem

Hello to everyone,

i'm sorry if i'm asking you again but i cannot resolve my graphical issue. I try to change graphical setting, but it doesn't work.
The strange thing is that i have this problem for all the lenght units except Meters !
It seems like Flexsim have difficult to convert object measure. Furthermore, only for
elevator, asrs , crane and new conveyor i have this problem of visualization.

i have a GeForce GT 720M graphic Card.

There is a link where i can find Flexsim 7.5.4 version to Download ?

Thank you again
Old 11-30-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Have you tried all the options in the post that Ben gave to you? Especially the one where you switch on compatibility mode tells a lot if it is your graphics card driver or something else.

If that doesn't solve it, the post itself also tells you to what to do, namely contact Flexsim!
Old 11-30-2015
FlexSim Development

We know what the problem is. There's something wrong with the size of the elevator/crane pieces when you're not in meters. It's not that they aren't displaying, it's that they're so small you don't see them.
We'll have it fixed for the 7.7.2 release.
The Following User Says Thank You to Matt Long For This Useful Post:
Mauro Rigoni (11-30-2015)
Old 12-07-2015
Flexsim Distributor

Downloads: 74
David Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura aboutDavid Chan has a spectacular aura about

Hi

When I setlabel in Decision Point on the conveyor, even though I have created the label, the interface did not recognized the label created. But show "No Label Found".

Regards

David
Old 12-07-2015
FlexSim Development

Not sure where you are at exactly. Can you send an example model or some pictures?

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FlexSim 7.7 Beta 1 Available Matt Long Product Announcements 24 09-01-2015 07:27 AM
FlexSim 7.3 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 0 07-17-2014 01:53 PM
FlexSim 7 Beta Phil BoBo Product Announcements 65 10-01-2013 09:12 AM