ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 03-05-2009
Flexsim User

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 4
Nico Zahn has a spectacular aura aboutNico Zahn has a spectacular aura about
Default Keeping the Ortho View Window in the background?

Hi,
I want the ortho view to stay in the back, so it does not cover any of the guis the user can open and forget to close. Does anyone know if there is a windowsstyle for that?
How can I use the windowsstyle command. I found the diffrent windows styles in the MSDN Doc but these names are not recognized in Flexscript or C++ by default?
Old 03-05-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

There is not an easy way to get a window like the ortho view to stay in the back.

The way the main Flexsim window does it is to have all the other windows be its descendants. The owner window will stay behind its descendants.

The ortho window and all other windows in Flexsim are top-level windows so that they will move beyond the bounds of their owner window. The functionality you desire is not easily done in Flexsim at the moment.

The ortho, perspective, planar, and tree windows have all been designed to stay behind the modeling utilities so you don't lose those windows, but are able to come in front of other windows, such as properties and global table views on purpose.

After some tests, it may not be that hard to do. I'll add it to the development list so that when you maximize a document window (such as the ortho, planar, and perspective) and it makes it the size of the back panel, then it makes the back panel the parent too so that all the windows stay on top of it when it is like that.

Good thought.

Last edited by Phil BoBo; 03-05-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-09-2009
Flexsim User

Hi Phil, this does not really help me now? Also you say it´s not easy how could I implement a solution in FS 4.32 ?
Old 03-09-2009
Flexsim Development

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 18
Thanked 1,483 Times in 525 Posts
Phil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond reputePhil BoBo has a reputation beyond repute

The SetParent() command is C++ can be used to do what you want to do, but there isn't a good solution for making it so that all ortho windows naturally stay in the back in Flexsim 4.32 unless you write custom C++ code.

If you were up to date on your maintenance and using the latest version of Flexsim, I'm sure the Flexsim Support team could help you with this issue though.
Old 03-10-2009
Flexsim User

Well, I tried to pull the modell up to 4.52 but it did not work (as i feared).
I did not find the time to figure out what went wrong, but I let you know when I can make it...

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pick window on conveyor. Neil Brandon Q&A 9 02-04-2013 03:12 AM
Loading a large map as a background Kenny Macleod Q&A 6 02-09-2009 03:46 PM
Set Window position and size Nico Zahn Q&A 5 09-03-2008 02:09 PM
New Ortho View Brandon Peterson User Development 4 06-05-2008 08:13 AM
Make this GUI the Default Ortho GUI jellyboy Q&A 1 03-13-2008 09:11 AM