ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 02-24-2016
Martin Jensen

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default Processflow instances and user libraries

Hi,
I have run into a peculiar problem. I have created a container(an elevator tower) that holds a couble of other objects(Lift ect.) and created a Process Flow to control how the whole thing works.

I want to create multiple instances of the same elevator tower, so that when I copy the tower they will use their own local instance of the Process Flow. This is achieved by sending the individual tower object as transporter when creating the tokens in the Process Flow, and that sets the tower as >current< for each instance of the Process Flow. In order for local resources in the Process Flow to link to the correct objects in their respective elevator towers, the resource linking is done through code;

> node("Lift",current) //where current is the tower attached to the local instance of the Process Flow <.

I have used this technique in multiple places, but it may be where I go wrong. Is there a more correct way to create links to new resources for each instance of the Process Flow?

The problem occurs when I try to add my Elevator Tower to a user library and pull it back out. It adds fine and pulls a copy of the Process Flow with it, but when I pull it back out it duplicates the objects I have used as resources in the processflow (Lift ect.).
If I use a fixed linking to specific resources this will not occur, but each instance of the tower will attempt to use the resources in the first tower and never their own internal objects.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Elevator V2_6.fsm (576.1 KB, 250 views)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ProcessFlow Questions Steven Hamoen Q&A 5 12-16-2015 12:13 PM
ProcessFlow Release Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 12-11-2015 01:24 PM
different libraries Alberto Pasqualato Q&A 4 09-22-2011 09:51 AM
Merging xml libraries Steven Hamoen Q&A 2 05-21-2010 09:45 AM