ATTENTION

This FlexSim Community Forum is read-only. Please post any new questions, ideas, or discussions to our new community (we call it Answers) at https://answers.flexsim.com/. Our new Question & Answer site brings a modern, mobile-friendly interface and more focus on getting answers quickly. There are a few differences between how our new Q&A community works vs. a classic, threaded-conversation-style forum like the one below, so be sure to read our Answers Best Practices.

flexsim.com

Go Back   FlexSim Community Forum > FlexSim Software > Q&A
Downloads

Q&A Using Flexsim and building models

Old 07-06-2015
Rahel Carolina

Downloads: 30
Uploads: 0
Unhappy Flexsim working really slow

Hi forum,

I've been expanding my simulation model and trying to create a plant layout. But now flexsim working really slow. In my opinion, that's because I put more and more objects in the model.
Is there any way to fix this without deleting any objects?

Regards,
Rahel
Old 07-06-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Is Flexsim simulating really slow or feels it slow when panning, zooming etc.

If I have to guess it is probably the second one. In that case please check the following points:
1. Go to File -> Global Preferences -> Graphics and switch "Use Shaders" off
2. If you have both a normal (external) graphics card and an internal graphics card, make sure that Flexsim uses the external grahics card
3. Check If you have the right/latest drivers etc for your graphics card.
4. If you use your own 3D shape, check if it makes things slow (just copy it a few times in an empty model and see what happens)

If the simulating itself goes really slow please search this forum, there are already a lot of tips how to speed up your model.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
Sebastian Hemmann (07-06-2015)
Old 07-06-2015
Rahel Carolina

yes you are right, it feels so slow when panning and zooming, like it's always lagging

what do you mean with external and internal grapich cards?

And yes I use my own 3D shape for some parts, and I guess that is one of the reason. Can I still use my own 3D shape?
Old 07-06-2015
Rahel Carolina

By the way it works fine now after I switch off "User Shaders"
The Following User Says Thank You to Rahel Carolina For This Useful Post:
Steven Hamoen (07-06-2015)
Old 07-06-2015
Talumis, Flexsim Distributor, The Netherlands

Downloads: 43
Steven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond reputeSteven Hamoen has a reputation beyond repute

Yes of course you can keep using your own 3D shapes. That is one of the nice features of Flexsim. But sometimes if you drag in a shape with a lot of meshes(objects) inside your shape it could give this slow feeling. But this is only in extraordinary circumstances.

Concerning the graphics card question. Currently every pc has an onboard graphics, which is like an graphics card but then integrated in your processor. But to get the most out of graphic programs (like Flexsim, autocad, games etc) you can install a seperate grahics card like an NVIDIA. If you right click on your desktop and you have a seperate card you will get a menu option that says something like: NVIDIA Control Panel

If you go in there there is usually some option where you can define what graphics card a certain program uses. With NVidia it is called: "Manage 3D Settings"

Hope this helps
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Steven Hamoen For This Useful Post:
syseo (07-06-2015)

Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
slow down operators when they are passing each other koenslootmans Q&A 2 06-02-2015 10:17 PM
Flexsim model slow run on DELL T3600 machine shilpa j Installation 4 12-18-2013 11:19 AM
Flexsim engine has stopped working Peter Walters Gripes and Goodies 3 07-23-2012 09:51 AM
viewtofile command is slow AlanZhang Q&A 0 04-09-2010 11:12 AM
AVI maker not working Asif Paranjpe Q&A 5 01-17-2008 02:15 PM