View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013
Flexsim User

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
mearjun will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Majumdar View Post
Hello...I am trying to make an Automobile Assembly line where in each processor the input and output ports open and close every 80 secs.

Here, I don't mean that the processing time is 80 secs...the processing time is a triangularly varying time...I am only trying to open and close the ports of each processor every 80 secs of runtime.

I have attached a basic model with just 2 processors if any of you can advise me further on how to open and close ports of a processor every 80 secs of runtime?

I intend to use the SendMessage trigger tabs but not sure how.

Thanks!
Hello

If I understand you correctly, U need an event every 80 seconds in the model. On that event you want to close inputs if they are open and vice-versa. This model might answer your query. I have created a user event (Goto Tools > User events) that happens every 80 seconds. On every user event a message is sent to both processors and they open or close their inputs based on their previous condition. You can look for the code in the onmessage trigger.
Note that having an event every 80 seconds will slow down your simulation run considerably. Since the sample model is very small it may not affect it but a full scale model will be slowed down
Hope this answers your query.
Attached Files
File Type: fsm Sample.fsm (30.5 KB, 86 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to mearjun For This Useful Post:
Jörg Vogel (07-17-2013)