View Single Post
Old 04-22-2016
Manager of Product Development

Downloads: 86
Uploads: 4
Anthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAnthony Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'm going to first give you the way I would do it in the current version, and then I'll tell you how I would do it in the next version (due out in June), which in my opinion will be much easier.

In the current version I would put some object in the middle that is there to hold a label containing the number of AGVs in the area. Then I'd use way points to increment and decrement the label, and track the set of AGVs currently in the area. Then when the label gets to 2 or above, I would preempt all the AGVs in the area and get them to restart their travel again, and use the initialize travel field to set their load type to something that says they need to travel slower.

In the next version I would do the same thing in regards to preempting the AGVs, but I would track it all through process flow. In the next version, control areas and control points will have several events that can be subscribed to through process flow. Specifically, I would listen to a control area's OnAllocated and OnDeallocated events to track who is in the control area. And I would listen to the control area's OnAllocationCountChange event to listen for when the number of AGVs in the area gets above 1. When that happens I would preempt all the AGVs in the area, and get them to use a new load type.

The first example is doable, but would require a good amount of code. The second you could do without much code at all.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anthony Johnson For This Useful Post:
arunkrmahadeva (04-23-2016), Jing Chen (04-23-2016), syseo (04-24-2016)